Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Just Wasn't Thinking


OK, so I'm in my 8th week of classes toward my WSET Advanced certification and realized that I was missing out on a golden opportunity. I have so far tasted over 50 grape varietals and taken notes in class, but until this week...it never dawned on me to blog about the wines I taste! DUH!!


Well, better late than never. I have about 80 wines to write up and review so that I can catch up. Good thing that I don't have a day job! Just so I can feel like I'm starting off on the right foot, here is the first wine I tasted in WSET.


2006 Chablis "Le Prieure" Cave des Vignerons de Chablis

Burgundy, France


Very pale and lemon-green in color, this Chablis had an aroma of melon on the nose. While high in acidity the light body of this wine balanced it out and left you with citrus fruit and mineraly, flinty flavors on the palate. This was a great example of Chablis and can be aged or is a perfect wine to drink this summer with oysters.

No comments:

Post a Comment