Monday, November 9, 2009

Wind In My Sails



Since Saturday was my birthday, I clearly needed to start off the day with a bit of wine. I headed over to Rick's Wine and Gourmet for their weekly Saturday tasting. Tradewinds Specialty Imports was on hand to pour 5 Spanish wines. I'm still on my Spanish wine kick since I'm now an official Spanish Wine Educator ;-) And since I just wanted to kick off my birthday right, I rushed out of the house without my wine notebook so the comments below are from Tradewinds and Rick's. And the Cava was a great way to start the tasting!

NV Rossynol Brut - a crisp and acidic Cava, great way to start a tasting.
2008 Mania Verdejo - a bright and grassy Verdejo from Rueda.
2007 Eder Joven - a Tempranillo blend from Rioja, vinified in stainless steel to keep it fresh and fruity.
2004 Valsotillo Crianza - aged in American oak for 14 months, this Tempranillo from Ribera del Duero is complex and concentrated with a long finish.
2005 Eder Crianza - a well balanced Tempranillo blend that is aged in French and American oak for 12 months

No comments:

Post a Comment