Friday, April 16, 2010

New Memories


You know how there are certain places you go with that 'certain' person... What happens when that certain person is no longer around? Yep, I'm talking a break-up. Not mine, a friend of mine. No really...a friend of mine. So she wanted to go out and enjoy some girlfriend time and have some wine. Was supposed to visit Bistrot Lepic with that certain person, but instead, she invited me to meet her there.

From Wednesday to Monday they have Happy Hour from 5:30pm - 7pm and all wines by the glass are half price. I arrived a little after 6pm and she had already gulped down one glass of rose and was ordering a second. I asked her how it tasted...Cold was the response. Maybe I could get more info from her second glass. I went for a fruity 2006 Beaujolais from Brouilly. Very bright fruit flavors of raspberry and cherries in the glass with a hint of dust on the finish. Would have been nice to have a slight chill on this one, but that may just be a personal preference for me. Not white wine cold, but just a little bit of a chill. It wasn't too big of a problem though, I ordered another glass. Also got to sample my friend's 2007 Domaine de la Courtade from Provence. Beautiful nose of strawberries and peaches, and tasted like a light strawberry jam. Notes of minerality were on the palate as well and they lingered into a long finish.

There was an amuse bouche for $5 so we ordered warm brie, bread, and charcuterie to pair with all the wines. As we sat back and enjoyed the cozy upstairs Wine Bar at Bistrot Lepic, we caught up with work, Hollywood gossip, and Operation 'New Boyfriend'. We had a fantastic time truly enjoyed making new memories at a new place that we can now go to for a glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment