Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rain Rain Go AWAY!


It's a beautiful warm day, the sun is shining, I'm wearing a bright (cute) summer dress and I'm skipping up 18th St NW at the Adams Morgan Day festival heading towards the funnel cake stand....

In my head.

On planet Earth, it's cloudy, drizzling, gloomy, and I'm at home on the couch wearing jogging pants. Hopefully the rain will clear up so I can at least get my funnel cake, summer is fleeting quickly so there won't be too many more chances for that fried powdery goodness. No worries though, I'm just going to finish off this bottle of Hope Estate Wollemi Shiraz. It's dark color and spicy berry flavors are perfect for watching the raindrops fall.

UPDATE: The rain stopped! I'm out of the house and sitting at the bar at Slaviya Lounge in Adams Morgan, DC looking out at the festival. A crisp, strawberry colored glass of Bodegas Chivite Gran Fuedo Rosado is in my hand.


This rosado was made from the saignée method with red grapes: after a maceration of approximately 24 hours, the juice is separated by gravity with no mechanical pressing, thus being a free run juice wine. It's flavors make me reminiscent of summer but looking forward to fall. A great transition wine, the bright fruity strawberry and raspberry notes on the palate, but a nice acidity and minerality on the finish. Great complexity with many aromas and flavors from this rosado made from Garnacha Tinta, one of my fave varietals. And I did get my funnel cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment