Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sojourn to Great Falls


I usually go to wine events alone, which is kinda cool because I meet some of the most amazing people. I took a 3-day seminar with the Spanish Wine Academy last year I met firecracker of a woman in Karen! We've since kept in touch, met up for wine events, wine drinking, etc. Today she hosted a a wine tasting at her brand new, custom built home. I promise I was only seconds away from just hiding in a nook under the stairs and just coming out after dark so I could live there myself! But I was there to taste wines, so I went about my business.

The wine tasting featured wines from Sojourn Cellars, a small artisanal winery out of Sonoma, CA. They're a partnership between Craig Haserot (who guided us through our tasting) and Erich Bradley, 2 guys that met on a tennis court. Their wines are described as having 'New World style with Old World sensibilities' and are handcrafted in small lots to maintain and ensure a superior quality. Sojourn Cellars produces only Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir. When asked why, Craig answered "Because that's what we like to drink!"

We tasted 7 wines, and I re-tasted 5 more ;-). I fell in love with them all, but not only do people want to read about each one, that's an awful lot of typing! So I'll pick 3 favs, 2 of the Pinots and 1 Cabernet:
2008 Gap's Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir
A spicy aroma followed by hints of cinnamon on the palate. A very fruity mouthfeel and finish with soft tannins to round out the wine.
$48

2008 Rodgers Creek Vineyard Pinot Noir
Such a Burgundian flavor with this one! Very earthy and mushroomy giving way to flavors of dark cherries and blackberries. Super smooth finish
$48

2007 Home Ranch Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Displayed a rich blueberry character and hints of mint on the nose. This drank pretty well right now and I know it will only get better in the next 2-3 yrs.
$39

All the wines were amazing and they offer FREE SHIPPING! If you'd like any additional information or would like to purchase wines from Sojourn Cellars, please visit them at www.sojourncellars.com or you can follow them on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment